Knights Of Columbus Council 10913
List of Officers
Why Join the Knights of Columbus?
Become a part of a Catholic Men’s organization that fills your heart and your mind with the joy of giving to others and the feeling that comes with making a difference.
Knights are Catholic men, committed to their family, their community, supporting the Catholic Church, its priest; enhancing their faith; and protecting family life and the traditional marriage.
Benefits of Membership:
- COLUMBIAN MAGAZINE – Free subscription to the Order’s monthly magazine examining issues of concern to Knights, Catholics and families.
- KNIGHTS of COLUMBUS ROSARY – Blessed by the supreme chaplain, presented during the First Degree exemplification to each new member.
- PRAYERS FOR BROTHER KNIGHTS – Members pray for our Brother Knights and immediate family when they are sick or hospitalized. Also pray for the deceased of an immediate family member.
- MONTHLY COUNCIL MEETINGS – Council 10913 has a monthly meeting to discuss and act upon pressing business matters. The meeting is formal yet, members express their viewpoints and concerns. The members are very active and have on many occasions surpassed membership attendance at our meeting of 25% which is admirable.
- INSURANCE – Portfolio of top-quality life insurance, long-term care, and annuity products exclusively for members and their families.
- FAMILY FRATERNAL BENEFIT – For eligible families; a) Pays $1,500 for the child who dies before the age of 61 days; b) Pays $750 for the child who is stillborn at least 20 weeks after conception; c) Offers guaranteed – issue insurance up to $5,000 to any child under age 18.
- ORPHAN BENEFIT – $80 monthly allotment for orphans of eligible families; up to $7,000 in college scholarships available.
- MEMBER/SPOUSE BENEFIT – Accidental death coverage for member and spouse at no cost.
- WIDOW BENEFITS – a) Continues to be covered under the Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit; b) May purchase life insurance, long-term care insurance, or annuities up to one year after insured members death; c) Receives a free lifetime subscription to Columbia; d) Eligible with her children for scholarships, student loans, etc.
- SCHOLARSHIPS – Scholarship programs for higher education available to members, their spouses and children.
ACTIVITIES – FAMILY/YOUTH/RELIGIOUS/SOCIAL/ATHLETIC – St. Michael’s Council offers many quality activities throughout the year such as: tootsie roll drive to benefit the villa Marie School students at Waverly, offers free throw contest for youth, Stand as Honor Guard Members for special Masses and Celebrations. A Major force in planning and working of the Yearly Parish Festival. Quarterly Knight’s Corporate Communion/Mass, pray Rosary prior to Saturday evening Mass for intentions of the unborn, vocations to the priesthood and religious.
Knights meet the second Thursday of every month at 7pm. View the Calendar for specific meeting information.